How It Works
HireJar works in two complementary ways:
- Clients provide the Consultation Need and get matched with Consultants.
- Consultant publicizes their HireJar profile and Client makes “Consultation Request”.
Both are explained below. HireJar service is Free for Clients, and in fact, Clients get 1% credit back. Consultants pay a fee based on the amount received from Clients. HireJar fees are detailed at the end of this page.
Client provides the “Consultation Need” and matched with Consultants
- Client registers at HireJar.com and provides the “Consultation Need” with details. This is Free for Clients.
- Client gets matched with best fit Consultants.
- Client decides which Consultant they want to do proceed based on Consultant credentials. Client connects directly with the Consultants.
- Client and Consultant perform initial conversation in the manner they decide.
- If Client continues Consulting Engagement after the initial conversation, Client pays the Consultant for the subsequent efforts. Client has to use HireJar invoicing system for payment and HireJar will take a fee from this amount and pay the rest to the Consultant. HireJar fee is provided at the end of this page.
Consultant publicizes their HireJar profile and Client makes “Consultation Request”
- Consultant registers at HireJar.com and receives their “Request Consultation” badge and unique URL.
- Consultant also specifies the compensation for the consultation (hourly rate).
- Consultant displays the “Request Consultation” badge in their websites, blogs, and social media pages. In addition, Consultant frequently uses their unique HireJar URL in social media posts and similar content.
- Client evaluates Consultant’s qualifications and decides to connect with the Consultant by clicking the Request Consultation badge or unique URL.
- Client has to register at HireJar.com to see Consultant’s full profile. Client makes a “Consultation Request”. This step is Free for Clients.
- Consultant decides to accept the request and then contacts the Client directly. Client and Consultant have the initial conversation.
- If Client continues consulting engagement after the initial conversation, Client pays the Consultant for the subsequent efforts. Client has to use HireJar invoicing system for payment and HireJar will take a fee from this amount and pay the rest to the Consultant. HireJar fee is provided at the end of this page.
Fee for HireJar Service
HireJar service is Free for Clients. In fact, Clients get 1% credit back when they use HireJar invoicing and payment system. Clients can also make use of HireJar add-on services for a Fee.
HireJar charges a Fee for Consultants. All are explained below.
1) Fees to Consultant
Consultants should pay 9.9% of amount received from the Clients for a period of 90 Days after the initial Consultation. Client and Consultant has the option to continue using HireJar after the initial 90 days and make use of HireJar features and customer support for 4.9% (Charity credit will drop to 0.5%).
Clients are required to use HireJar invoice and payment App for paying the Consultant, and Consultants are required to pay using this App exclusively. HireJar fee of will be automatically subtracted from the amount paid by the Client.
2) Fees to Client
HireJar basic service is Free for Clients. HireJar’s add-on services are available to Clients for a fee. This includes (i) Sourcing, (ii) Recruiting, and (iii) Payroll.
2.1) “1% back” to Clients as Credit
When Client engages with Consultant, they should make sure the Consultant get payment through HireJar invoice and payment application. When Client pays using this application, they get 1% back as credit for donation to Charity.
If you have any questions, please contact Support@HireJar.com.